Why Join STP&A?
Social Theory, Politics, & the Arts is an association that brings together researchers, policy-makers, practitioners, artists, and students in order to explore key trends, practices and policy issues concerning the arts around the world. It is a community to be a part of if you want to know what is happening in terms of research and pedagogical development in arts and culture. STP&A encourages, supports, expands and disseminates work around the world. Since 1974, STP&A has played a key role in bringing together scholars of different backgrounds in order to further understand arts and culture.
- A discount code to purchase a print and digital subscription to the Journal of Arts Management, Law, and Society (JAMLS), the field’s leading journal.
- Opportunites to participate in STP&A’s annual conference. The conference includes paper sessions, workshops, panels and roundtable discussions.
- Early notice of the “Call for Proposals” for the annual conference included information about how theme and how to submit proposals.
- Extended professional contacts with scholars and practitioners from many different fields and backgrounds from around the world.
- A platform to share and receive news via the STP&A listserv.
Additionally, your individual membership helps STP&A subsidize the cost of conference attendance for graduate students and emerging scholars who otherwise may not be able to attend. Your individual membership serves as an investment in the professional development and continued intellectual development of the STP&A professional community and our shared fields of study and knowledge – thank you!
Individual Membership | Student Membership
Before you proceed with your purchase, please follow these instructions to ensure that you are on a secured website.