STP&A’s Scholarship Fund is designed to support the efforts of emerging scholars and practitioners to foster the dissemination of research. The award is presented to at least one individual annually, with additional awards as may be possible. Applicants with no or limited access to academic conference funding will be prioritized.
The STPA Scholarship includes complimentary conference registration and $500 to offset travel and lodging expenses.
- Student applicants:
- Current graduate students.
- Emerging Scholars applicants:
- Pre-tenure, non-tenure track faculty, or practitioners who have 6 or fewer years of research activity within the field.
- Other independent researchers advancing academic and/or scholarly research.
- Must be accepted to present at the STP&A conference.
- Previous Scholarship Fund recipients are not eligible to apply.
- Strength of the applicant’s nomination letter.
- Assessment of need.
- Overall quality of the applicant’s accepted conference proposal.
- Completed application form.
- A one-page self-nomination letter that includes a brief statement of need.
- A resume or C.V.
- STP&A is not responsible for coordinating conference lodging, transportation, parking, or other travel related fees of Scholarship Fund recipients.
- Scholarship Fund recipients will receive free registration prior to the conference and a $500 VISA gift card on-site at the conference location.
- Recipients will be expected to fully participate in the STP&A Conference.
Scholarship applications must be received for the 2023 conference by July 10, 2023.
Scholarship Fund Recipients will be notified by July 28, 2023.
Scholarship Fund Recipients must register for the STPA Conference by August 4, 2023.