The STPA Nominating Committee shall assist the STPA Board of Directors in the recruitment of board members in keeping with the Bylaws and Governing Documents of STPA.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Committee
The Committee is authorized to carry out the following activities and other actions reasonably related to the Committee’s purposes or assigned by the Board from time to time: identifying, screening, and reviewing individuals who are qualified to serve as Directors.
- The Committee should seek direction from the Board prior to its annual meeting on the number of seats to be filled and the needed Director qualifications and characteristics.
- The Committee is responsible for overseeing the dissemination of information about the nominations process and soliciting recommendations from the membership.
- The Committee shall provide a slate of candidates for Board discussion at an agreed-upon Board meeting
- In the event of the resignation or termination of a Board member before term completion, the Committee shall be responsible for making a recommendation to the Board within two Board meetings from the resignation on whether to fill the vacated seat prior to the election cycle.
The following activities are outside the Committee’s scope:
- Nominating Officers
- Nominating members to serve on the Executive Committee
- Nominating members to serve on other Board Committees
- Running the election
Roles and Responsibilities of the Chair
- The chair of the nominating committee shall be a Board member and will be appointed by the Board.
- The chair shall propose committee membership
- The chair shall organize meetings of the committee
- The chair shall be responsible for delivering the slate to the Board
- Committee Chair Selection Criteria. The Chair of the Committee shall be a Board member designated by the Board and shall preside at all Committee meetings.
- The Nominating Committee chair will be appointed by the Board.
- Membership will comprise between 3 and 7 individuals proposed by the Committee Chair and approved by the Board. At least two Board members must serve on the Nominating Committee. The remainder will be representatives of Members-at-large that do not have a director-representative serving on the Board. The Committee will attempt to reflect the diversity of the Members in terms of types of members and international membership. Committee members will assist in the recruitment of members and are expected to participate in Committee meetings.
- Committee members and the Committee Chair serve two-year terms. Members may serve successive terms.
STPA Nominating Committee members serve two-year renewable terms. Terms are from January-December.
In order to nominate yourself or another member for the STPA Conference Nominating Committee, please complete this online form.
Questions regarding the STPA Conference Nominating Committee can be directed to Todd Dellinger (email@example.com).