The STPA Conference Planning Committee is comprised of representatives from the membership. The planning committee is responsible for a number of activities, conversations, and functions in advance of and during the conference – all with the primary goal of creating a conference event that is beneficial for association members.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Committee
The planning committee provides input and oversight for their respective conference in the following areas:
- Review conference host proposals;
- Vet potential conference locations;
- Recommend conference hosts & locations to STPA Board of Directors;
- Conference logistics and planning;
- Call for proposals distribution;
- Peer reviewer for submitted proposals;
- Program session selection and scheduling;
- Propose options for conference speakers and featured presenters;
- Marketing and communication assistance;
- Local arrangements, hospitality, and special event coordination;
- Volunteer recruitment and management; and
- Assessment and report generation.
Conference Planning Committee members serve two-year renewable terms. Terms are from conference-to-conference. Appointments outside of the standard term may be made at the discretion of the board.
A minimum of one board member and one member of the Scientific Committee will serve on the Conference Committee. A minimum of one member from the host institution(s) will serve on the Conference Committee.
The Conference Planning Committee will be co-chaired by the conference host(s) and a member-at-large. At least one co-chair must be a board member with that one-year term renewable. The prior host(s) of the conference will serve on the committee for one additional year.
In order to nominate yourself for the STPA Conference Planning Committee, please complete this online form.
Questions regarding the STPA Conference Planning Committee can be directed to Anthony Rhine (email@example.com).